Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Chocolate and the pep talk


I like it. Of course you can't get the full effect of how soft and cuddly it is from the picture, but take my word for it, we have a keeper.

I'm coming off of a busy weekend. After my last post I worked a full day at the hospital, caught up on housework (although looking around now I really can't tell) and had another fabulous afternoon at the pool with the kids. It was mild chaos, many of their friends were there this time and they wore themselves out so much that they slept in till 7. That happens rarely around here.

So now I'm trying to muster up energy to get ready for the next market, all while ignoring the nagging shoulder/neck pain a relentless knitting schedule has caused. Throw in 3 baseball games, field day at school, a birthday party, another wholesale order, a tenth wedding anniversary, bell practice and a concert at church and I'm starting to spin. One thing at a time, one minute at a time, one project at a time I tell myself.

It's at these moments where I can start feeling overwhelmed and I also start comparing myself and what I'm able to accomplish (or not) to others and I immediately let the self-doubt creep in. It's an all out battle, because I'm doing better business-wise than ever and I hate it when I forget that. I also remind myself that much of this is self-imposed. So it's time to look at the glass half full, think of how far I've come with the business and realize my blessings when they're staring me in the face.

God always knows when I need a reminder. I heard a small voice this morning in the middle of my ruminating say, "look, Mom" and I lifted my head to see this.


Now seriously. I must be doing something right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From that photo, looks to me like you're doing everything right. Ease up on yourself! (that being said, time to give myself that talk, too)(just so you know you're not alone there)

Michelle, Queen Behind the Lens! said...

"It's at these moments where I can start feeling overwhelmed and I also start comparing myself and what I'm able to accomplish (or not) to others and I immediately let the self-doubt creep in... I also remind myself that much of this is self-imposed."

Amen, sister. Couldn't have expressed it better myself!