Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Color: part 1

I have to talk about yarn for a minute. I went to one of my favorite local yarn shops yesterday searching for some fun, good and colorful yarn for scarves for the shop. I only bought three colors/kinds, so as not to put too much pressure on myself to have them all done by the market on Saturday. Three is doable.

The first is this awesome green color, made with Classic Elite's "Wool Bam Boo". Heavenly yarn if you've not knitted with it before. It is so fun and springy (has good stitch memory as more formal knitters would say) that it evokes playfulness when you put it on. Not that you can tell that from the picture below that I'm calling "Serious mouth".

But really, have you ever tried to take fairly decent photos of your products one handed without a tripod? I'm getting better at it. Think it only took me 20 some tries this time.

The pattern can't be any more simple, but that's what I like if you haven't guessed it by now. There's such a tendency among knitters to believe that it isn't really time-worthy knitting if it isn't a complicated, nail-biting, coffee gulping, staying up all night and then take it to the knitting shop the next day to have them figure it out, knitting experience. I myself go for comfortable, every day wearable and finishable (I know that's not a word) without giving me any more gray hairs than I already have.

I'll show you the other two colors as they are finished. You're on the edge of your seat, I know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is so a word! (just don't tell my English teacher friend that I've used it)