Thursday, January 22, 2009

Starting her early

She was beside herself that I'd let her help with the painting. I'm now thinking I should have let her help with the priming. There are some, uh, well, let's say, rough spots.

There was non-stop dialogue from her for the at least hour that she "helped". It went something like this:

This is so much fun!
I just love painting.
Don't you love painting?
Nice soft brush strokes, right mama?
I just LOVE painting!
I don't know why I keep saying that. giggle. giggle.
I've never painted shelves before.
Why aren't these shelves orange?
I think shelves should be orange.
Can I have some orange shelves?
Maybe when I'm a mama?
I love painting.
Squigward (should be Squidward) is a good artist. (Spongebob reference)
He uses a little brush and Spongebob and Patrick use big brushes like yours.
I like little brushes.
I've never painted the house before!
I just love painting.
Won't Daddy be so surprised?
We are really doing a great job, right mama?
Gasp! Uh oh! Oh no!
I just spilled.
Is it okay?
Okay.
Can I paint some more?
I love to paint.

You get the general idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh. (how's your patience holding up? ;-) )