Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lost

I've been puposefully absent the past few days, finally giving in to fatigue and forcing myself to slow down, stop my feverish pace and once again pick up a book and read. Since beginning to knit my books have fallen to the wayside, replaced by fiber and needles and determination.

How good it feels to pick up a great book again, get completely lost in its pages and finish it, amazed by its timeless lessons. Such is the case with "Gifts From the Sea" by Anne Morrow Lindbergh (yes, Charles' wife) written in 1955 but so true and relevant to life today that I had to mark nearly every page. Ahem, this looks like a problem....and probably something you'll be hearing more about later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh, I can always use words of wisdom...

Pam said...

I'll put that on my list for the library. Of ocurse I won't be able to dog ear the pages.