Thursday, April 3, 2008

Think I'll go back to bed

It's never a good thing when your 4 year old tells you she thinks you ought to go home and go back to bed. This, on the way to preschool, after I apologized to her for being so grumpy. I knew it was going to be a rough day when I went for the big bowl of ice cream covered in chocolate syrup at 9:30 last night. Eating that late never bodes well for me the next day and sure enough I woke up with a terrible headache. The kind where the two sides of my head feel like they belong to two different bodies. I nearly fell this morning as I got out of bed because of the stabbing pain in my left ankle as it gave way--this has been going on since January. (What is going on?) And it's been downhill since then.

So to make it all better I'm hitting the hard stuff:





That's gotta be at least 3,000 calories right there, but who's counting? No coffee this morning, that's hot chocolate from Wawa, pure goodness in a cup. It's sits on the little table by the computer that catches odds and ends. You see the shards of my daughter's tea set that I've been supposed to be gluing together for a month now. That'll have to wait.

Of course this all happens on the day when Allie is in school through lunch and I have hours of solitude to conquer the mile long list of errands I'd planned for myself. At least I tackled the priorities: mail package, fill car up with gas and buy horribly unhealthy breakfast.

For those of you who are wondering, no, I'm not pregnant and no, I'm not a drinker and just hungover. Just lucky I suppose, I really can go back to bed.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Ah, one of those days. Wawa - an excellent choice.

You better be spry again before we view 400 London photos (or pretend to...).

Just kiddin' AM. Hope to see you all!