Friday, April 25, 2008

Our little slice...


...of Americana, the pie, whatever you want to call it, to me it felt like Heaven.

This was last night. That's grandpa on the pitching machine and John up to bat. Grandma was on the riding mower (a favorite passtime), Kevin was on the tractor (a least favorite passtime), Allie was blowing bubbles....




...and Lauren was trying to pop them.




I sat on the porch, pricing my things for Jackie, so happy to have the chance to stop rushing and just sit awhile. The air was cool and sweet-smelling, the kids were happy and free and the unspoken consensus seemed to be peace and calm. I even passed up a knitting get-together with the girls just so my head would stop spinning. And I'm sorry girls, but as much as I love you, it was worth it.

1 comment:

katie said...

Amy,
I have to say this is my first time Blogging! I'm so not techish these days! I'm trying though! I just signed up on facebook, though still working through the kinks. I love your blog page, you are so artistic, you have a gift girl!! I'm so glad you are using it! I can't wait to share the pictures with Russell and Sophia, they love your farm and your kids! Love the baby booties too! Talk to you soon. katie