Friday, April 18, 2008

Knishing

The kids were off this afternoon, spending the night with grandma and grandpa which gave Kevin and I the time to take part in one of our favorite passtimes. Let's call it "knishing". He loves to fish, we both love to be on the water, and of course I love to knit/crochet which I can do anywhere...even in a canoe. Ann Margaret loves the name I know. She and I frequently participate in "knurch" on Sundays when the kids are in Sunday school. We've already been to church and so we sneak off to the church library for a little fellowship of our own making while they're in class.

The weather has been gorgeous the past few days and today I think it was in the 80's. Kevin has been fishing at this friend's beautiful pond, nestled in 90 acres of mostly untouched forest, for some time now but he's never taken me there. Today I finally got the chance to go. It's just 20 minutes from our house and we didn't see another soul the entire time we were there, unless you count the frogs, turtles and resident beaver.

The fishing wasn't great, lots of small fish like this one, but the thrill of the unknown big fish lurking keeps Kevin focused and intent, losing all track of time and the world just outside the gate.




I got down to business on some crocheted baby hats and ended up with 4 total and one washcloth. Not bad for three hours. How lucky I feel that business is fun and just what I want to be doing in my spare time.




To add to the good fortune the day had to offer, my friend Jackie from One Earth Natural Marketplace called and ordered quite a bit more stuff. Seems she's having great success selling my things. Don't really know when I'm going to get it all done and still be ready for the farmers market that opens May 3rd, but I'll figure something out. Knitting in my sleep is looking like a distinct possibility.

As promised here's the chestnut wallet/clutch. I'll put it in the shop tomorrow. I have a really cool emerald green one waiting to be lined and completed.




But for now I'm off to bed. Wonder how late we can sleep with no kids here to wake us? I'm sure we'll be up before 7, that's just how things work around here.

2 comments:

Anne Margaret said...

LOVE the look on Kevin's face. Now that's what it's all about! What a fun date.

patience said...

i love knurch! (and knishing for that matter) i always hear that the couple that plays together, stays together...i think combining loves has to be good.