Monday, March 10, 2008

The tables are turned

Allie's had a cute cold since Friday, you know the kind where she doesn't feel bad, but her voice sounds so cute in it's hoarse, squeaky state? Even she knows it's cute, talking just to hear herself talk because it sounds so funny and adorable. But unfortunately, it's gotten worse and this morning she was completely congested and woke up with crusty, red, watering eyes. Pink eye. Luckily John had it about a month ago and so there's plenty of drops for Allie to use and we can avoid a trip to the germ infested doctor's office. Here she lays. Watching Giada.






I've also flip flopped a little with my knitting. My little knitting friends will recognize this pretty pretty yarn. I bought it at least two years ago and made it into a big scarf, using two skeins of yarn. It's 100% merino, Art Yarns, colorway (?), all I know is I never wore it before, and didn't sell it either (although I didn't try very hard. I think I always knew it'd become something else). So why not take it apart, wash the yarn, hang it by the woodstove to dry and start all over? Silence the gasps, but that's just what I did.





I was reading mason dixon the other day and saw their simple feather and fan pattern written out. There are so many different variations of this idea in several books and I've never felt like making it before, but for some reason the urge hit this time. It'll be long and skinny, a perfect little decorative spring scarf. The kind I'd even throw on with just a t-shirt and jeans and hear Kevin make comments like, "you know it's 60 degrees out." And "honey, it's spring". In one ear and out the other. I'm just having some fun. Finally.

No comments: