Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I'm in!

Just got the news yesterday that I've been accepted as a regular vendor at the Goochland Farmers Market this summer! I'm so looking forward to the experience.



It is a young market, this will only be it's third year, but that's just fine with me. If I thought I was going to sell out every Saturday I wouldn't be able to be a vendor. All the knitters out there know just how long it takes to make each item and build up an inventory. Instead, I'm looking forward to the community aspect the market provides. I want to make new friends, be involved in the local art and farming that still makes this area unique. I want to make memories with the kids, as this is something that I can take them to without it being a hectic selling experience for me as larger shows and markets can be. In short, I picture it as a quiet, dreamy little slice of country living before it has even started. And you gotta love a market whose manager is named 'Cricket'!



So if you're in central Virginia and want some fresh, homegrown and handmade goodies, come visit the Goochland Farmers Market every Saturday from 9-12 beginning May 3rd and going through October. Visit the website for directions and more information. See you there!

No comments: