Monday, March 24, 2008

Break

Knitted bunnies were finished, chocolate, peeps and light sabers (yes, light sabers) assembled and an egg hunt at grandmas ensued, all the perfect ingredients for a happy Easter for the kids.










They still believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and the tooth fairy. John gets a little skeptical from time to time but hasn't yet realized who's behind some of his favorite holiday moments. I thought the bunnies I made would have sparked some doubt, but instead they believe he took them out of my knitting stash.


It's the first day of spring break and we don't have a whole lot going on. It's a good thing. I like having time to breathe and let the kids play. The big event of the week will be a visit from a long time friend who lives out of town. She's coming with her two boys and staying Thursday and Friday. So I'm planning a few outings, meals, a picnic, some time on the go-cart and tractors; the usual.


Perhaps one of the more interesting parts will be sharing 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms between the eight of us. The girls share a bedroom and so John will "camp out" with them, and my friend and her boys will share John's room. Luckily though the bedrooms are few, they are big and if we can clean up the Legos they should have plenty of room.


I'm looking forward to reconnecting with an old friend and adult conversation. When we get together every year or so it seems there's never enough time to catch up and say all we want to say. It used to be a daily occurence when she lived here and we were in school together, but distance and families of our own have changed that.


The kids got a little treat today when I gave them access to my camera. You would have thought I said we were going out for ice cream. I needed some new pictures of my belts to go in the shop and I'm completely impressed with what they can do at age 4, 6 and 7 1/2. A little cropping goes a long way!




I thought they would have gone a little crazy taking pictures of each other, but they seemed satisfied with just belts. I'm so glad I no longer have to wrangle taking these pictures by myself, but the comments about my butt I could have done without!

No comments: