Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Camera play


Little things like fiddling around with the buttons on my camera that have been there the whole time ignite a fire, pump the adrenaline and cause me to lose all track of time when I should be doing things like making dinner.


Yesterday, it was a lesson in exposure, thanks to the Pioneer Woman.  If you have a camera, if you want to figure out how to use it but you're too busy, too scared, unwilling to admit you don't know how to use the thing and don't want to fork out the money to learn (I've used all these excuses), she can help from the comfort of your own home.  Have a look.


Here we have gloomy.


And Whoa! Turn it down!  Too bright.


And much, much better, but brighter than the first, just depends on the look I want.  Today I wanted to show you all of them for fun.  I did eventually make dinner, even took the kids to the Y to burn off the crazy kid energy, but I have a feeling my camera might ride shotgun more frequently with me after a breakthrough like today.  Sometimes I just never know what's right under my nose until I stop and take a look.  Feel free to share your own breakthroughs and camera play for us all in the comments, I have so much more to learn.

No comments: