Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Food tale

You know it's bad, or I guess good in this case, when right before you dig in to your food at dinner your husband who doesn't even read your blog says, "Quick! You gotta get a picture of this for your blog!"

I guess I'll take that as a compliment and I've got to admit, it was pretty good. What you maybe can't see so well are the beef kabobs with fig/balsalmic vinegar sauce and the home made yeast rolls from an old country recipe from a former patient of mine at least 10 years ago. I can finally cook. Some things. I think back to when we were first married and the John Mellencamp song "Pink Houses" comes to mind. There's a line in there where he's talking about his wife in the kitchen "cleanin' up the evenin' slop" and how he remembers back to when they were first married and how she could "starve a block". Maybe I wasn't quite that bad, but I sure have come a long way!

What makes me the most excited is to again see the fresh tomatoes, mozzerella and basil from the garden once again on the table. That and really good corn on the cob are true signs of summer. Now when the zucchini come in in our garden and I can start making loaf after loaf of zucchini bread I'll really be happy.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

mmmm, be still my beating heart!

Anonymous said...

And when you start making loaf after loaf of that bread, my address is...