Wednesday, February 13, 2008

She's crafty

Who remembers that Beastie Boys song, from the late 80's, was it? I don't think we're using crafty in the same sense. ha!



I've never really considered myself a "crafty" sort of girl. Then I found knitting and heard words come out of my mouth like "craft store", "crafting" and "craft show". My husband just laughs and says, "that's alot of craft talk for a girl who doesn't do crafts"!



For Valentine's Day I had a few requirements for the cards. First they had to be made out of what I already have at home. I can't go back to Target. Yesterday I wasn't sure I was going to make it across the store and back (I even considered taking a seat in the middle of the floor but decided against it). Then, they needed to be cute for the girls and not too cute or girly for the boys. I was out of inspiration and so I decided to try my hand at the idea Molly had over at the purl bee for crocheted valentines. I'm very happy with the way they turned out and now only have to add a personal note on each one. That and a little package of chocolates for each recipient and I'm callin' it done.








It's the perfect day for staying inside and I'm trying my best to figure out how to do just that. We went to sleep to rain last night and woke up to find it frozen and still raining. The kids had a two hour delay to the start of school, Allie is happy in her swimsuit and I'm indulging her in some cooking shows. So far so good on not going out to this:







This forsythia bush is right outside my kitchen window and this morning the bright red cardinals perched in it were a beautiful winter sight. I only wish I could have gotten a camera shot with them still there.

1 comment:

Michelle, Queen Behind the Lens! said...

Me too on "not a crafter before I found knitting"! Didn't learn how to sew until I was an adult & I still don't have much patience for "crafty crafts". :) I love how knitting makes "useful" items-- love it! Love the daffodil shot & hope you're resting & getting well.