Saturday, January 19, 2008

Loose ends

It was a slow-starting Saturday morning for the family, all of us except Kevin who was out of the house early working OUTSIDE on a charity project with church. It was probably in the 20s when he left. I don't know how he does it, but he wasn't alone. I thought about them all morning as I guiltily sat by the roaring fire and caught up on some projects I'd been holding on to for too long.

The first of which was this pendant for my friend Karen. It is crocheted (yes, I said it) with wire and little natural stone beads. Karen is a fantastic funky jewelry maker with heaps talent and energy, so I'm honored to have her wear some of my pieces. She has so many silver chains of her own that she just wanted the pendant to hang from one of them. Here it is:





I plan on adding more of them again to my etsy shop in the next few months. Then I moved on to the once hairy felted bag. Here it is newly shaven:




I'm now working on the lining. Handsewing it all the way. This is not the project to start practicing with the sewing machine Anne Margaret so generously let me borrow. But it is the perfect afternoon to get it out and start making simple seams. I'm sure there will be nothing simple about it. I'll let you know how it goes!


I also took the girls measurements and have a sundance sweater planned for each of them, only short sleeved with a single button closure in the front. I've started on Allie's and need to buy the yarn for Lauren.


What were the kids doing you ask? Learning how to make potholders with fabric loops. They loved it. There was also ALOT of foam cutting, lego-ing, "cooking" and pretending to be babies, big brothers, daddies, mommies, etc. Cartoons are not really a staple here but they sure would be alot less messy!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Sounds delightful.

How did you fix the line height of the paragraphs?