Friday, August 22, 2008

Top Ten


Top ten things to remember on a beach vacation:

10. Sand gets everywhere at the beach, it's hard to forget where you are.

9. The locals will gladly take your money, but they would rather you go away.

8. It feels good to have your feet buried in the sand.

7. The ocean is stronger than you are.

6. A shovel, sand and a deep hole can keep kids completely enthralled for hours.

5. Grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning and laundry never take a vacation.

4. Kids still love to hear the ocean in a seashell.

3. Sun, wind, sand and the sound of crashing waves will put even the most stubborn person (like me) to sleep.

2. Getting knocked down by a wave isn't nearly as important as whether or not you get back up.

1. As important as you think you are, life goes on at home without you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, I love being at the beach. The pull of the ocean is magical (and yes, very very powerful). Enjoy!!

Knit&Lit said...

I know exectly the restaraunt you mean in Wanchese!!! My family and I have been going there since I was little. Love that place. I can taste the fried shrimp now.