Saturday, February 28, 2009

Conflicted

The weather surprises me every time this year as it vascillates between 60 or 70 degrees at times to the now 30's with sleet. The daffodils are clearly confused as am I. We're warming up to this again inside:

A few days ago we decided we'd had enough of winter and flipped the calendar to March thinking it would somehow make the last few days of February go faster. I also got a new haircut for Spring, it'd been about 6 months (!) since my last one and I was so overdue. I decided to chuck the bag lady look and ever-present ponytail (I'm much too old) and got about 6 or 8 inches taken off and I couldn't be happier. Still have my graylights right in the front but they're apparently here to stay. I'm not complaining, I've earned every single one of them and am hardly ashamed to be 38 (so young, so young).

I'll leave you with thoughts of Spring and not woodstoves. One of the many things I love about living in the country is the surprise flowers that pop up in the middle of the woods. I forget about them every year and then one day, out of nowhere, there they are again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do we get to see the new 'do?

Yay for spring flowers. I'm singing Jimmy Buffett every chance I get- I'll get spring here one way or another.