Saturday, April 25, 2009

Quiet

It's a completely quiet morning. So rare. It's because of our late night whiffle ball/kick ball/some kinda ball games we've been having on these recent warm weekends I know. Few things feel better than knowing your kids have played hard, eaten good and slept like logs. And watching grandma and grandpa play, well, that's priceless.

I took oodles of jewelry pictures last night and hope to list some in my shop through the weekend. That is, after baseball, having friends over, scraping and painting porch columns. Oh yes, I've been at the painting again. I've finished with one of the porches and now it's so bright white and new looking it doesn't even feel farmhousey anymore. Well, okay I guess it does. It needed to be done. Kevin is painting the entire roof otherwise I would have asked him for help. I keep trying to let me help him with the roof painting but he says I'd die. At least I tried.

In case you were wondering, I love my chickens. Kevin was all worried about the kids getting attached and now I'm thinking I might need to be the one to worry about. And about another dog, well after yesterday's sticker shock from taking Sunny to the vet has knocked me down a few pegs. Since when has Frontline like doubled in price? 1-800-PET-MEDS here I come.

Have a happy weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty pictures- love the "joy" one.

I couldn't believe how attached I am to my silly guinea birds. So fun.

Umm, roof painting? One time I offered to help a boyfriend who was working for his father fixing up their rental properties. One day we were working on the roof. I ended up hugging the chimney and the next day called in terrified. Stick to the porches, please.