Saturday, April 11, 2009

I'm not the only one

We're moving right along on the coop (or, rather, Kevin is) and we should be ready for chicks/chickens soon, very soon. It seems I'm not the only one with poultry dreams lately, the pioneer woman has a funny little post about it only I'd like to think she's a bit more obsessed than I and I'm quite sure she has better pictures and some of real chickens although I can't see them on dial up and I haven't seen hide nor hair of the cable man or even Miss Utility to mark the phone and power lines and it looks like we just might never be able to get cable. But I digress.

I hope I'm wrong about the cable company and that they will really keep their promise to give us access. I've been wrong about many things in my life and most recently it was doubting the US Postal Service. Wouldn't you know those 12 little booties I tried to send to northern California turned back up in my mailbox today? They took a little detour through southern California and then another trip cross country but came safely back home. I'm not even going to venture a guess at how that happened.

I have some pretty river pictures for you from our little trip the past few days, but I first want to share one of the most exciting things I learned while my friend was in town with her two boys and her two big dogs. And that is, Sunny really needs a doggie companion. I'm starting to work on Kevin, don't you worry and I took a little stroll through petfinder.com today. There are some very promising prospects.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay- chickens and another doggie! Happy.