Thursday, December 18, 2008

When the urge strikes

I'm usually more in a knitting mood than a jewelry making mood, so when the urge hits to make jewelry I have to jump on it. I've been making teacher gifts, busdriver gifts and filling some jewelry orders, so this morning was a full one. Up there is the back of the "red raspberry", my favorite part, and the silver pieces are creations by my friend, Karen who's been making jewelry for upwards of 10 years I'd say. I've spent the last year trying my best to convince her to start an Etsy shop. She sites technological ignorance as her excuse.

I also felt like doing some experimenting. I usually don't show my experiments because they aren't always on target, but this thing has me thinking and fooling around with some ideas. Trick is to figure out what to do with it.

Well, what would you do with it?


I've since unraveled it and am making a berry-like cluster to use as a pendant. I'll show you if it turns out!

2 comments:

Anne Margaret said...

How about a light fob/ceiling fan pull? So fun.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, that's a good idea. And I happen to know an itteh bitteh kitteh that loves to play with the ceiling fan pull (yes, my daughter holds her up to do it). Whatever you do with it, its pretty.