Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Peace

Now that I've found peace at last,
tell me Jesus,
will it last?

Now that I've found peace of mind,
tell me Jesus,
is it mine?

--lyrics from "Peace at Last" by The Blue Nile

In the midst of the frantic and often reckless pace of this Christmas season, it's easy to get swept up and lose sight of the peace and calm. I've been doing my fair share to contribute to the frenzy, convincing myself once again today that I'm one of the world's worst shoppers, this while trying to find something to wear to a party this weekend. No wonder I came home empty handed.

But the peace and calm really does exist and I've been reminded lately to look for it. I hear it when my youngest bursts into song over the radio in the car, and saw it when my oldest couldn't fall asleep last night before his Christmas program today, and am reminded of it by the little decorations all over the house that tell me to slow down.

I am thankful for this time, and how the Chrstmases of distant past full of turmoil and anger have given way to those filled with love, togetherness and the true excitement and wonder I see in my children and my home, even with all it's quirks and modesty.

Here's wishing you peace this holiday season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And peace right back to you, too.