Friday, September 26, 2008

Crockpot days

It's hard to imagine that in two days they're predicting 85 degrees and sunshine because we've been waterlogged here lately. It's been chilly and wet, enough to tempt me to start a little fire in the woodstove yesterday but I held myself back. It's really not that bad yet, but perfect for the crockpot. I was about to grab the yeast to start what's quickly becoming a weekend ritual, homemade pizzas, but instead I went straight for old faithful. So I made a big pot of chili that we'll have with good bread and cheese. yum. That's my kind of dinner...the one that's completely made by 2:30 in the afternoon.

The market is supposedly on for tomorrow, so expect to see me a little soggy under my tent. If it's bad enough it may be an abbreviated day.

I've some work left to do so for now I leave you with some random thoughts of the four-year-old kind. The little gems that I was given on yesterday's ride home from preschool:

"Mom, what are tonsils?"

"Did it hurt when the doctor cut your tummy open so you could have babies?" (at which time I explained that I'd not had my tummy cut open or c-sections of any kind)

"Then how did the babies come out?" (a short, factual explanation sufficed)

"What does it mean when someone says, 'I just can't take it anymore!' ?"

"How do they make keys? Do they just smash a bunch of pennies into the shape of a key?" (no, they make them with machines and cut them out of metal)

"I know, they make them in factories!"

"I want to ask you more questions about science because I think you know almost everything!"

at which point I burst out laughing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny. My 4-year old will tell me, when I say "What am I going to do with you?"- "Love me!" Then I ask him what Mommy is, and he says "Smart and beautiful!" Yup, love him. Noone can say it like 4 year olds.