Monday, August 22, 2011

Out with the old


The afternoons are ripe for running again.  Sun just warm enough and wind so cool against my sweaty skin that I get goosebumps all over when it blows and I keep on going.  The day runs over and over and I leave little bits of it behind with each hop and leap over the twigs on my trail.  I squint at the sun and it sparkles through the blond tips of my eyelashes.  I clear my mind of mud and put in it's place what I'd like to go there instead.  I see smiling children with lightly tanned shoulders and sunbleached hair from a long summer.  Smiles brought forth by acceptance, healthy bodies from so much time and care spent.  My life's work up till now, the single most important contribution I will put forth and I am smiling.  I am grateful for life's gifts, those which I've been given and those which I have to give.  It's the connection between us I treasure most, without it I wouldn't have had even half a life.  One lucky girl.


1 comment:

Kristen said...

Love the girl drummer!