Saturday, December 29, 2007

Inspiration

The day is starting well. Even though it's raining and gloomy it's warm like April rather than late December. Got some coffee, warm boots (yes I'm wearing them in the house--they've changed my cold-footed life!) and a little knitting. What more could I ask for? But I feel the need to pass on a little inspiration, lest I should become cloudy like the weather.

Whenever my ankle hurts and I have to take a break from running (like right now) I think about the 3 men who were profiled on the news for running the Richmond marathon for the past 30 years! Never missed a year, all 3 of them and now they're well beyond qualifying for AARP. They're 60 and over, one even in his early 70's. Man I hope my body will do that. Where there's a will there's a way, right?

I also try to remember this quote I came across in one of my favorite little shops:

"Whether you think you can, or think you can not, you are probably right" --Henry Ford

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Inspiring indeed! Although much shorter distances than marathoners, I like to think we'll still be running, perhaps quite slowly, at age 70. I'm sorry that you're sidelined - I hope you're back on the track soon!