Friday, December 28, 2007

Introducing...the chicken sweater!

In keeping with all published work, virtual or otherwise, I must post an error when one has occurred. Note: error in submission dated Dec. 23, 2007. Insert Belize where Bali is mentioned. And yes, he does know where it is.

Now that that's taken care of, on to the knitting. I've dubbed my latest creation "the chicken sweater". As in, I'm throwing this on to go out and feed the chickens! (or perhaps it's in reference to my being chicken to make it, you decide) It is going to be jacket-like and realllly warm, probably a bit itchy and definitely rugged. Those folks in Nebraska that make Lamb's Pride sure do know how to make a warm and earthy yarn. I'm using the chestnut color which I love. It felts wonderfully and I love to make bags with it--I tell you this is my loophole if the sweater doesn't work out. One more caveat: we don't have any chickens! In answer to the age-old question, which came first, the chicken or the sweater? I have to say the sweater! Chickens are forthcoming.

So here's how it looked yesterday:




Of course I messed up a little due to too much late night knitting and counting, but somehow managed to correct it and get back on track with the pattern. You won't even notice! I'm holding out hope that blocking is going to work miracles and it will drape beautifully.

And now that I'm so far along I shift gears in true amy fashion and have the overwhelming urge to make myself some fingerless gloves. I'm really basking in this knitting for self moment. On a self-proclaimed hiatus from frantic knitting for the shop I'm seeing all the wonderful possibilities leftover yarn provides. That and the school holiday somehow gives me permission to knit all day while the kids revel in Christmas loot.

I hope your day includes something you WANT to do, not just what you HAVE to.

No comments: