Saturday, October 22, 2011

Change

"Let's just go ahead and change everything all at once" was my husband's response to my idea for a new job, as if we hadn't been through enough lately.

"Okay" I said.

But really, his support was unwavering, encouraging, trusting, and it is with great faith and I admit a bit of fear that I step out into a new venture.

The flower and food-filled good-bye yesterday was more than I expected and I choked back some tears amidst the hugs, cards and well-wishes.

Over the past few months I've been amassing a collection of post-its with quote after quote from one source or another, they're pasted all about the shelves around my desk, and these days I focus in on just one...

Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness.  ~James Thurber

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Congrats on the new job! I hope you and Kevin are both doing well. And the kids too!!!