Monday, December 21, 2009

She thinks she's Ina Garten

I'm not a cooking show freak, nor do I think I'm Martha Stewart, but I have always liked to bake, and Christmastime provides a great incentive to do so and a great excuse to give the goods away. Of course I like to eat what I make but there's something about the baking and giving away, baking and giving away that makes it more fun somehow.

I love to watch Ina Garten cook on her show the Barefoot Contessa which may sound crazy to some of you but for those of you who like her, then you know what I'm talking about. She makes everything look so big and yummy and simple and good that she has me hooked. If it hadn't been for having mono two years ago I probably would have never known about her. There's a silver lining in every cloud.

So in honor of Ina I decided to make these little jam thumbprints from a recipe in this month's Country Living Magazine and they're a new family favorite. Whoever wrote that recipe is a genius becuase they've come out perfect every time.

And the peppermint bark is an absolute must. I can't get enough of it. So simple, so good,

and then Ina showed me this:

simple, easy, happy, Merry Christmas.

No comments: