Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Working

Believe it or not I've been making myself a sweater. If you've followed for any length of time you know that my track record is horrible in this regard. Most times (okay every time) I sit down and start making myself a sweater it morphs into something else. Or many somethings else. But this one looks to be a keeper. I have no other plans for the yarn and if truth be told, that's probably the only thing that will save this sweater's life.

I was worried for a moment when I got to the point I am now, thinking it wouldn't fit, but luckily knitting from the top down affords me the chance to try it on during construction. It's perfect. It's perfectly, perfect. Color, fit, size, where the shoulders hit me, everything. Now if I can just find the time to finish it we'll be getting somewhere. And then maybe I'll figure out just what it is that's been holding me back for so long.

No comments: